Thursday, January 27, 2011

Australia Day Cupcakes

Australia Day is the 26th January and as I now live in Australia I thought I should make some cupcakes to help celebrate this great national holiday!
The Australian flag seemed like a good place to start so I collected together some reference material for my cupcakes and took a Screen Shot which then displays all the images as one large composite image on my iMac which I leave up on the screen while designing the cupcakes and working out how to make them.


First of all make the cupcakes using my easy One Bowl Chocolate Cupcake recipe for the mixer.
The mixture will make 24 cupcakes or 48 mini cupcakes or as here 12 cupcakes and 24 mini cupcakes.
  Although the cupcakes keep well, they are especially good if eaten the same day they are made. 



I used red and blue paper cases


Print out some images the exact size of the cupcakes and from them cut out the templates for the Union Flag.
Use 5cm and 8cm cutters for the blue sugar-paste circles for the top of the cupcakes.


Use two different sizes of silver Cachous for the six stars of the Southern Cross. Make a small hole for each star to push into and remember to moisten the holes a little so that the little balls stick and don't fall out when you go to eat your cupcake!


No comments:

Post a Comment